Monday, October 5

little art kit.....


i have always adored sending out little packages. this little art kit went to one of my favorite students headed back to school. i tucked in a few of my favorite tiny art treats to keep her busy (when she is not studying....)



i can never resist the feel of a new journal. the paper is smooth and clean, the binding fresh. this darling hand bound journal came from huishbooks on etsy. i love the tiny grommets and the waxed linen thread.

these little pop a point pencils are my silly fixation. i used them as a little girl, marveling at each new sharp point when i tucked the old one in the end.



vintage dennison office supplies are another one of my weaknesses. i would love to travel back in time to a five and dime store just to see their display of gummed labels, holiday paper decorations, sealing wax, and crepe paper. whenever i find a whole drawer full of this old stuff dumped into a box at an estate sale i swoon.






sweet little ruffles are at the top of my favorites list. i have been making piles of these vintage crepe paper ruffles in every color. trying to figure out how i can make some gold and silver ones for the holidays.



all nestled together and tied up with ribbons and strings it makes going back to school decidedly fun. your back to school student will surely thank you...
(scalloped oval punched from a vintage whitman playing card)

18 comments:

Holly Abston said...

I loved those pencils as a kid too! We called them "stay-sharps".

Michele said...

I always love reading your posts and seeing little pieces of what must be an infinite treasure chest of vintage goodies. Thank you for your unique view on life and art!

Beth Gales said...

The packaging is as pretty as the gifts!

Jenn said...

Ahhhh..bliss. Thanks for sharing Julie!

Ragamuffin Gal said...

It is really odd and quirky the things we pick up to love along our way...school supplies, how wonderful!!! Great post!

Threads of Inspiration said...

What a thoughtful gift.

Unknown said...

I LOVE this package! I love sending packages to folks but have been so bad at it lately. This one is a dream! I love all the things you have found and the things you have made too! This is a package that if I received I would have to look at it for a while because really, how gorgeous! OK, I will get going again-you are always inspiring me!
Take care!
xo,
merle

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! I love those pencils too and your wrapping is as fabulous as the treasures inside! Amy :)

Wendy McDonagh-Valentine said...

Such beautiful creations!! I'm glad to see you're back again. :)

~ Wendy
http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Diana said...

Welcome back, Julie!! What a sweet package. I think it is important for all of us to step back and take some time out to embrace our precious lives and those around us.
Hugs
Diana

Bonnie said...

Glad your back. Sometimes, we just need to step off the beaten path and find ourselves once again.

Susan said...

What a great package! Thanks so much for all your magic!!

Cindy Pestka said...

Your blog never fails to inspire me, so I am passing along an Over The Top Blog Award to you. Please visit my blog for all the details. Congratulations!

Sandra Evertson said...

Fabulous!
I have added your wonderful blog to my Creative Places list on my blog.
Sandra Evertson

Maija said...

I miss you darling Julie!!

Lisa Cook said...

OH, I know I am commenting rather late but when you mentioned on this post about going back in time to a five and dime to swoon over the Dennison labels....well I have had the same daydream myself. I would also look for old Christmas decor, millinery and trims too, wouldn't you? We love the same things.

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks

Anna said...

I love that Journal and pencils!

~YellowSun~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...