Thursday, July 5

a day with Kristin




Saturday at the Artnest was spent with Kristin Steiner creating fabric books on the theme 'I am a Woman Who'.
Here is the lovely packet that awaited each of us as we came to class. The lovely display of Kristin's work.



close-up of the flower kristin was wearing. we got the pattern in our class kits.


I have followed Kristin's artwork in many books and magazines, but I was so completely unprepared for how lovely her work would be in person. Even more amazing is meeting Kristin and taking a class from her! She had so many great techniques for combining paint, dyes, stencils, transfers, and ink to fabric. Really opened my world.
What was the most wonderful part of her class though was watching her teach. She has a real gift for expressing so honestly her heart. She invited close inspection of ourselves and what we most wanted to say with our art. She was completely open and encouraging.



rebecca, amanda, and angel with their fabric book projects.
I have taught classes before but have always held back that most personal part of myself and my connection to the art I create. I guess the distilled atmosphere I usually have while teaching helps me feel safer. After being in Kristin's class and being part of what was felt there with her I will never hide who I am again.


i love this picture of misty and kristin. they posed for a picture and then the click of shutters was like a press conference or something. they both disolved into laughter. such remarkable women with such beautiful hearts. J.

3 comments:

Beehive Art Salon said...

I love that picture of Misty and Kristen too! You take the best pictures. I was so glad to get to know you better at the nest, Julie. You are someone I truly admire. :)
amanda

Unknown said...

total art envy here!
I'm a blog hopper and pal of Marilyn's...love your blog!

Kristen's art is A-MAZING and now I see that she is an amazing spirit as well (not surprised!) Wish I coulda been there..your nest sounds MAGICAL!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I would have loved to be in that class.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...