Monday, April 6

little peeps...


with easter only a week away i thought i would share these photos of my little peeps, some fancy eggs, and two tiny easter baskets i made.
this little chick is our tiny baby bantam hen 'oreo' she was so patient for the photo shoot... we have three little chicks in a box downstairs, talk about constant peeping. i love it when they cuddle up together and fall asleep.



i ordered a bunch of paper mache eggs from blumchens. they have such a gorgeous paper design inside. it was so easy to add a bit of paint and some of my favorite millinery flowers. i ended up making a whole basket of them!
for the photo i nestled them together in a vintage creamware dish with a bit of tissue paper garland from bethany lowe.





these tiny baskets are just the right size for a handful of chocolate treats. the first one is made from a vintage crocheted nut cup holder. i found a box of these at my antique store. gladys anderson kept them in an old cummings chocolates box. she crocheted a set of these and starched them to hold a little waxed dixie cup. the old paper cups were still in the box. how fun to fill with a tasty treat and pass around the card table for the ladies bridge night.
the second basket is made with a tiny box made from artist matt board cut and glued together. the vintage cotton chenille stem makes such a sweet handle tied on both ends with a bit of ribbon. happy easter wishes, julie



31 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, Oreo is too cute and what a gorgeous photo! I can just imagine the cuteness of all of them cuddled together!

I love, love, love your Easter art pieces! They remind me of all the things I loved about Spring growing up-those Easter Egg colours and the glitter reminds me of those sugar eggs you would look through to see a scene. Love the little baskets too! I just love everything you create!
Take care,
merle

Unknown said...

Oh Wow! I want your book! And, I keep meaning to tell you how much I love your profile photo-you have so much magic in your eyes and I love your hat and scarf- very gypsy!

natalea said...

all so beautiful! thanks for sharing! xo

LindaSonia said...

Love oreo - what a cutie as are your tiny Easter baskets and those eggs, WoW - Love them! LindaSonia

Maija said...

Everything is so lovely, Julie!!

Jenn said...

Oh, Julie, I love that little square basket.... so sweet!

Unknown said...

Oh I adore the peep in the chair - such a precious little creation!

Jeanne said...

That little PEEP chick and those baskets are super sweet!
xo
jeanne

KarenB said...

I LOVE the little baskets! So creative and adorable.

kana said...

I like your hen Oreo, even better your beautiful decorated eggs!

Pretty Arty said...

so adorable!

paperbird said...

I love Oreo, such a pretty peep. I am trying to talk the big boss into letting me have chickens:)
Beautiful art creations- you are so good Julie!

Stephanie said...

How cute. Thanks for sharing.
Piper

Nancy said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful Easter projects. Love the eggs and the little baskets are sooooo cute. Your little Peep is too adorable!
Nancy

Unknown said...

oh Julie!!! sigh!!!!!! This post is sooo pretty

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

darling post!!! everything is soooo sweet!! I hope you have a fabulous day!!! hugs!! Britt :-)

Birds of a Feather said...

Those little baskets are adorable, and what a sweet story about the doily cups!
xo Heidi

Marina Collings Whiting said...

ohhhh~! cute little baskets! ugly chicken.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Such a fun blog! I will enjoy catching up on it! I am glad to happen upon your joy! Blessings and light, Amy

rebekahlauren said...

Such as beautiful Easter post. The eggs are divine and the little baskets are to die for. I love the little pink one at the end. Lovely ...lovely
Happy easter making,
candice

Anonymous said...

Love the egss but mostly love your litte book

Anonymous said...

Oh, dear Oreo is so sweet. We used to raise chicken for eggs and loved the sound of their happy peeping and chirping. Your little baskets are adorable, but the collage with the bird eggs... perfection.

Got my little package of rosey flowers I'd ordered from your Etsy shop. So wonderful, almost too pretty to make anything out of, so for now, I am just enjoying looking at them!

Blessings ~ Eileen @ Star's Fault

Brook said...

that little peep is just too precious!

Unknown said...

Eek, forgot-stop by my blog for a wee award!

Biotica said...

Adorable!

Lovely little Easter treats. Brings back memories...melty candies in foil, baby jack rabbits, and white ankle socks.

I can't believe that Oreo let you get such a good shot.

love

ilikewinter said...

Your stuff is ADORABLE and you are from UTAH!!! Yeah!!

Michele said...

I LOVE everything you do! -michele

DeeDee said...

Such sweet Easter art. I just tip-toed through your etsy store, and fell in love.

Denise S. said...

Girl I can't believe you didn't give everyone a heads up that you would be on tv today.

You did a terrific job and hope you weren't nervous.

Is this your first time on Good Things Utah?

Job Opportunities said...

so sweet and cutie..

Good for present

Riza said...

So cute!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...